Are you passionate about web development and helping customers? Do you have an amazing organisational skills and does PHP have no secrets for you? Become part of a group of international developers and welcome some of them in your team. Help us support more than 80 website we currently maintain for our corporate clients.
About the job
Your main task will be leading our internal support team. As a team lead you will make sure that everyone is going in the same direction. You will use your technical expertise to guide the team through the process of fixing and improving websites. You will be responsible for organising their workflow, helping and performing peer reviews with your team. You will be working on legacy WordPress websites. But one of your main tasks will be to help us move away from it.
The ideal candidate for the Team Lead position should meet the following job requirements:
Preferred education and experience
- You are good with OOP principles and design patterns.
- Any other scripting/programming language is a big plus.
- You can find your way around SOAP and/or REST services.
- You know how to debug and profile your code (Xdebug, Cachegrind, Blackfire etc.).
- *nix CLI is your 127.0.0.1
- More than a few of the following are familiar to you: Vagrant, Docker, Jenkins, CircleCI, Git, Codeception, PHPUnit, Behat, Mink, Selenium, Composer, Grunt, Gulp, NodeJS, Arachni, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash.
- Experience with PHP frameworks (Symfony, Laravel) would be nice.
- You already do the defensive programming, or you really, really would like to do it.
- Same as above but for testing (unit, functional, acceptance).
- CS background is an asset but the quality of your knowledge and working experience is more important for us.
- Fluent English is a must, speaking Dutch is a big plus. Any other language you bring to our team: great!
- Your first priority is to become a better developer.
- You are not only a team player but also a team builder.
- You do not hesitate to comment on issues such as usability, processes, architecture or Scrum.
- You have an opinion about Star Wars vs. Star Trek.
What we offer
We offer you a place in a data driven organisation, high concentration of knowledge, a place where you can share, where you can learn and improve your skills. To facilitate you in this we provide the following:
- Informal, innovative and fast growing company (FD Gazelle Award 2013, 2014 & 2015)
- Top 10 Best Employer New Heroes (NRC Career)
- Domestic office in the north of Amsterdam
- Space for creativity and development
- International projects in multinational teams
- Catered organic lunch including warm meals now and then
- Good working conditions (wide selection of Apple products, pension plan, education budget, traveling expenses, a standing desk for enhanced ergonomics).
- An education budget of 4% of your yearly salary, that you can use to go to conferences, buy education materials etc.
- 8% of your yearly salary as holiday money
- We organise internal knowledge sessions on a range of topics. Varying from design patterns to Elasticsearch. It would be great if you could give us one in your area of expertise.
- Daily safari on the ferry to our office
- Unlimited coffee and ‘Snelle Jelle’s’ (Dutch fast snack)